Cream of Spinach Soup
Updated: Aug 21, 2021
This soup was one of the first creamy soups that I cooked and enjoyed. Spinach is packed with iron and all sorts of goodness. A great spinach soup is buttery and creamy. It also has a hint of sweetness from the marjoram, mint and parsley herbs.
My niece tried this soup and she wanted me to cook it for her every lunchtime. I have actually made this soup again recently. Unfortunately, the cream went off so I had to plain flour and milk. This works just as well. Can’t wait to try other types of soups.
-100ml Whipping Cream*
*Use plain flour and milk if you run out of cream.
1. Wash the spinach and drain in a colander.
2. Fry the some of the spinach in butter, garlic and marjoram until it has wilted.
3. Put the wilted spinach in a blender.
4. Blend until you get a creamy texture.
5. Pour contents into a pot.
6. Add 100ml whipping cream to the blended spinach.
7. Add spinach leaves and allow them to wilt in the pot.
8. Add butter into the pot along with a sprinkle of mint, parsley and marjoram.