I made this meal on a Saturday night. I love BBQ flavour and I also love spicy food. This weekend, I decided to make chilli BBQ chicken wings. It is literally an amazing sweet and spicy flavour. The herbs also add an extra depth flavour (especially the tarragon). It is good to season the chicken wings for at least an hour.
The method that I used to cook the chicken was slightly different. I used a Pyrex dish and cover it with aluminium foil. There were two reasons for using this method. Firstly, makes the chicken wings very tender. Secondly, having the pyrex dish covered creates juices and a gravy. This adds extra flavour.
Of course I did my jacket potato and I added parsley for extra flavour. A great evening meal to have during the week.
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour and 20 mins
-6 Jacket Potatoes
-1 pack of large chicken wings
-1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic paste
-1 Tsp Chopped Chilli Paste
-1 Tsp Parsley
-1 Tsp Coriander
-1 Tsp Tarragon
1. Wash the chicken wings
2. Create the BBQ chilli chicken marinade and season the chicken wings.
3. Add the chicken wings into the BBQ chilli marinade and season them.
4. Place the chicken wings onto a large Pyrex dish.
5.Cover the Pyrex dish with aluminium foil .
6. Cook the chicken wings at 200-250 degrees Celsius for 50 minutes in the oven .
7. Wash Jacket potatoes
8. Pierce Jacket Potatoes and place in microwave for 13 minutes. Cover with a plastic lid.
9. Place jacket potatoes in the oven to brown.
10.Uncover the Pyrex dish of chicken wings.
11. Serve food on a plate.