Pea and mint soup is my mum’s favourite soup. I decided to make it one afternoon for lunch. Out of all the creamy soups I have made so far, pea and mint is the easiest by far. There is minimum preparation and it is easy to process the peas and turn them into a purée.
After trying it, I can see why mum loves this soup. The peas are so sweet and the mint compliments them so much. In terms of health, peas have lots of vitamin C and E as well as antioxidants that support the immune system. If you’re strapped for time and need something healthy then this is the soup to make.
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
-1 small pack of Birdseye Frozen Peas
-1 stock cube
-1 tsp mint
-1 tsp thyme
-1 tsp parsley
-1 Tsp coriander
-1 tsp garlic paste
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan.
2.Cook peas and stir until soft in the saucepan.
3. Mash the peas with a potato masher until soft.
4. Process the peas in a food blender until puréed (you can add some oil to soften the peas).
5. Add more butter to the pot and the puréed peas.
6. Add 100ml milk to the saucepan
7. Add stock, garlic paste and herbs to the soup and stir.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.