Roast Cayenne Pumpkin Soup and Veg
I love pumpkin soup, I love cayenne pepper spice and I love it even more with vegetables. It makes the soup even more filling. This winter I have been having a lot of root vegetables to make sure I have all of my vitamins. If you want to try something new as a vegetarian or low on vitamins, then this is the soup for you.
As well as pumpkin, there’s the beetroot and beet greens that give the soup a sweet flavour. There’s also sweet toast pepper and spinach. It is a great soup to have in the winter. This soup started out as a deep orange and ended up being a red colour because of the beetroot. The flavours go really well together. Cayenne pepper is a great addition to those root vegetable dishes. This is a great soup to have in the autumn.
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
-6 fresh beetroots
-1 tin of cannellini beans
-1 roast pepper
-1 spring onion
-1 pack spinach
-1/2 pack of kale
-1 tsp chopped garlic
-1 tsp parsley
-1 tsp coriander
-1 tsp tarragon
-1 cayenne pepper
1. Wash the vegetables.
2. Peel the pumpkin and chop into pieces.
3. Fry the pumpkin until soft on a medium heat.
4. Add the pumpkin to the food processor and blend until puréed.
5. Add puréed pumpkin to the saucepan and simmer on a low heat.
6. Add the herbs and seasoning.
7. Chop beetroot and add to the soup.
8. Chop roast peppers and add to the soup.
9. Add beet greens, spinach and kale.
10. Add the cannellini beans allow all vegetables to cook.
Serve in a bowl and garnish with spring onion.