Stir Fry Beef and Ginger and Honey Noodles
Stir Fry is a classic meal that I ate growing up. However, I ate it with rice when I was younger. I love noodles and I enjoy eating them. Only recently I have started experimenting with them because I ran out of coconut milk. Nevertheless, you can do anything you put your mind to.
I seasoned the beef with Soy sauce and a little ginger. After frying it in the wok, I covered the beef with the lid. This is to make the beef tender. It takes longer to make red meat tender than white meat because it is tougher. Also, the juices of the meat create a gravy.
The egg noodles contained ginger and honey. The weird combination actually tasted quite nice. Until now, I didn’t know egg noodled contained iron. When cooked right stir fry can be actually quite healthy.
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 mins
-3 Beef steaks (cut into strips)
-4 sliced mushrooms
-Stir Fry Pack (Bell Peppers, Cabbage, Carrots, Beansprouts, Peeled Ginger, Bamboo Shoots).
-1 tin of Sweetcorn.
-1 tsp ginger paste
-1 tsp Coriander leaves
-1 Tsp soya sauce
-1 Tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
-1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1. Wash the beef until clean.
2. Cut the beef into strips.
3. Season the beef using rice wine vinegar, soya sauce and honey.
4. Add garlic and coriander.
5. Fry the beef in a wok on a medium heat.
6.Add vegetables from the stir fry pack.
7.Add the sliced mushrooms.
8.Add the spinach leaves.
9. Cook the noodles in a frying pan.
10. Add 1 Tsp of ginger paste, chopped spring onion, 1 Tsp honey and 1 Tsp coriander.
11. Serve on a plate