Tenderstem and Leek Soup
Previously, I have made leek soup and broccoli soup. Today, I combined tenderstem broccoli with leek soup and it was delicious. The leek, spring onion and chives create a really nice, sharp flavour together. This also goes well with the buttery, crunchy Tenderstem broccoli.
This time round, I added cream so the soup had a lovely, creamy texture. If you are monitoring your health, you
can use milk. I would recommend trying this soup, it is soo good
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 1 hour
Serves: 2 people
-1 pack of Tenderstem broccoli
-1 spring onion
-1 chicken stock cube
-1 tsp chopped garlic
-1 tsp parsley
-1 tsp chives
-1 tsp coriander
-1 tsp marjoram
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the leek, tenderstem broccoli and spring onion.
2. Chop some of the ends of the Tenderstem to fry later.
3. Chop the leek.
4. Chop the spring onion and save some to garnish the soup
5. Fry the Tenderstem broccoli, leek and the rest of the spring onion in butter on a medium heat until soft.
6. Place the cooked Tenderstem, leek and spring onion in a food blender and puree.
7. Fry the tops of the Tenderstem broccoli that you saved from earlier in butter.
8. Place the puréed tenderstem broccoli, leek and spring onion into a saucepan with 100ml cream.
9. Add herbs and seasoning: stock cube, chopped garlic, parsley, chives, coriander, marjoram.
10. Add the friend Tenderstem.
11. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes. Add water for preferred consistency.
12. Serve the soup into a bowl and garnish with spring onion.