This was one of the most simplest salads I have ever made so far. Although it is simple, it has a great flavour. It is the mint herb that gives the salad a refreshing, cool flavour.
aThis is great to have if you are going to have a spicy curry. The salad complements the spicy curries really well. I actually made this with my chicken Jalfrezi curry dish.
Other reasons for making this salad include lack of other vegetables due to not going out shopping or being strapped for time.
Prep: 10 mins
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1 Tsp Garlic Paste
-1 Tsp Coriander
-1 Tsp Parsley
-1 Tsp Mint
-White Onion (chopped)
-Cherry tomatoes (chopped in halves)
-Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash the cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
2. Chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Cut a third of the cucumber.
4. Using a third of the cucumber, peeled some of the skin.
5. Chop into small pieces.
6. Season the salad with olive oil,
mint, coriander, parsley and garlic pepper.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Mix salad until all seasoning has covered the salad evenly.
9. Serve in a bowl.